All solutions submitted to The Liveability Challenge must fulfil the following criteria to be considered:
• Must have proof of concept •
• At least Technology Readiness Level 6 •
• Must be applicable to Singapore and urban environments in the tropics •
The themes for 2020 are Urban Food Production, Circular Packaging and Decarbonisation.
The Liveability Challenge Process:
Register your interest
Receive invitation to submit full application within 48 hrs
Submit your full application by 17 April 2020, 11.59pm (GMT+8 Singapore time)
Finalists announced by 22 May 2020
Urban farming represents an opportunity to improve food security in cities and minimise agriculture-related emissions—but still consumes a large amount of resources today. We're looking for technological solutions that will deliver a breakthrough in sustainable urban food production.
We're looking for innovative packaging solutions to replace or reduce packaging waste made from plastic, glass, virgin/hard-to-recycle paper, or aluminium. These solutions should be useful in the retail, fashion, beauty, logistics and food & beverage industries.
We’re looking for solutions that will enable cities to capture and use carbon in a productive, sustainable way. Key considerations include how long CO2 captured can be sequestered and kept out of the air. We’re also searching for game-changing, disruptive new solutions to decarbonise traditional sectors and processes in industries such as logistics, mobility and more.
Finalists in The Liveability Challenge 2020 could secure the following:
• Up to S$1 million in funding by Temasek Foundation•
• A $50,000 investment and a spot on Antler's leading accelerator programme with Planet Rise •
• A spot in TXG Sustainability Business Accelerator Programme •
• A one-year venture building package at The Circularity Studio valued at S$200,000 •
• A mentorship with Closed Loop Partners •
Secure your spot on this page, and you’ll receive a link to the full submission form within 2 days. Projects will only be considered if submitted through Submit.com. Incomplete submissions or solutions that do not meet the criteria outlined above will be declined. Note that the two-stage application process will need to be submitted by 30 April 2020, 11:59pm GMT +8. Criteria for the evaluation of submissions can be found under the FAQs section.