All solutions submitted to The Liveability Challenge must fulfil the following criteria to be considered:
• Must have proof of concept •
• At least Technology Readiness Level 6 •
• Must be applicable to Singapore and urban environments in the tropics •
The theme for 2019 is Energy and Circular Economy.
Renewable energy has never been cheaper, yet 2018 will be a record year for carbon emissions, underscoring the urgency of scaling up technology and business models for a low-carbon revolution in the energy sector to stop climate change.
The Liveability Challenge is looking for solutions that will enable cities in the tropics, such as Singapore, to drastically reduce the carbon emissions produced by a city’s energy and electricity consumption.
Production and consumption under the ‘take-make-waste’ model of the modern economy rely heavily on virgin natural resources extracted from the Earth, giving rise to pollution and enormous amounts of waste.
Entries under this track of The Liveability Challenge must be able to create high economic or social value out of existing waste streams or demonstrate full circularity.
Finalists in The Liveability Challenge 2019 could secure one of five prizes:
• Up to S$1 million in funding
• An opportunity to run a prestigious fundraising campaign of up to S$500,000 on FundedHere
• A mentorship opportunity provided by Circular Economy Club
• A spot in GoMassive’s incubator programme
• A mentorship opportunity with GoImpact
Secure your spot on this page, and you’ll receive a link to the full submission form within 24 hours. Projects will only be considered if submitted through Submit.com. Incomplete submissions or solutions that do not meet the criteria outlined above will be declined. Note that the two-stage application process will need to be submitted by 5 April 2019, 11:59pm. Criteria for the evaluation of submissions can be found under the FAQs section.